Patient Service Representative
Multi-Specialty Orthopaedic group with multiple locations in Wake County, NC is seeking to fill a part-time position for a Patient Service Representative in our North Raleigh clinic. Core hours are Monday through Friday, 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, team focused and possess empathy towards patients. Candidate will be able to work at a high volume while maintaining professionalism. Candidate will also be willing to alter their schedule based on patient need.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Communicate with the patient in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Greet patients and check them in for their appointment.
- Register patient in EHR including insurance verification.
- Schedule patient appointments based on provider availability and preference.
- Collect monies owed such as co-pays and balances.
- Communicate with billing staff as needed to ensure patient’s financial impact is accurate.
- Communicate with clinical staff as needed to ensure patient’s medical questions are answered timely.
- Document accurately within our EHR, Epic.
- Perform end of day close out.
- Create bank deposits according to policy.
- Other duties will be assigned by management as needed.
Two years’ experience in medical office billing is preferred but will train right candidate. Bilingual is preferred but not required.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.