Billing/Patient Financial CounselorWake Orthopaedics
Multi-Specialty Orthopaedic group with multiple locations in Wake County, NC is seeking to fill a fulltime position within our Billing Department.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, team focused and possess empathy towards patients. Candidate will be able to work at a high volume while maintaining professionalism. Candidate will also be willing to travel between locations as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Review schedule and verify insurance coverage. Obtain any needed referrals or authorizations for upcoming visit.
- Communicate with the patient to ensure understanding of financial impact.
- Assist patients with state and hospital financial assistance programs.
- Review previous claims and insurance EOBs to help educate patient.
- Answer incoming patient calls regarding insurance and patient billings.
- Have an understanding of current CPT and ICD coding.
- Communicate with attorneys regarding patient billings.
- Document accurately within our EHR, Epic.
- Other duties will be assigned by management as needed.
Two years experience in medical office billing is preferred but will train right candidate.
Apply Now to send resume and cover letter.