Operations Support Specialist
The Operations Support Specialist performs duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists officers in the managing of low intensity cases by monitoring and processing offender information, determining compliance and advising supervisors and/or officers as appropriate.
- Opens, closes, and updates information into computerized records, including the Probation Automated Case Tracking System (PACTS). Researches information from case records and enters into system as appropriate. Screens forms completed by officers and requests corrections as needed.Retrieves information from databases and generates periodic reports. Scans and uploads all documents related to low risk cases.
- Completes, for approval by supervisors and/or officers, various standard forms for submission to the court and legal counsel using information provided by officers, including petitions, orders to the court, and similar documents (i.e., Transfer of Jurisdiction, Treatment Services Contract Program Plan, etc.)
- Uses various electronic systems to monitor compliance of offenders and determine eligibility for early termination. Advises supervisors and/or officers of any changes in status and non-compliance issues.
- Assesses and assists in the appropriate distribution of low intensity work.
- Contacts offenders via telephone to enroll them in any required programs and determine any changes in their status.
- Formats, types, edits, and finalizes reports and correspondence from rough drafts using word processing equipment. This may include, but is not limited to, documents such as presentence investigation reports, supervision case plans and reviews, and memoranda or reports to the court.
- Conducts case file reviews and advises officers of matters needing their attention. Makes chronological entries in supervision case records. Conducts records research and retrieval via telephone or mail to obtain required documentation. Sets up new supervision case records and performs various file management tasks. Assists officers in responding to collateral requests for information. Assembles and processes information to the Sentencing Commission. Keeps various logs and records up to date.
- Monitors offender payments and identifies any significant changes to monthly financial statements.
- Completes the appropriate criminal record and credit checks, analyzes results to determine the appropriate action, and contacts various local, state, and national law enforcement and regulatory agencies to collect and record information to assist with investigations.
- Updates all automated client databases as appropriate and ensures consistency and uniformity for client records.
- Answers telephones and takes messages; copies and distributes documents; sends and receives faxes and electronic mail messages; receives and distributes mail; attends meetings and takes minutes; provides backup reception assistance; assists officers with word processing or other computer matters.
- Other duties as assigned.