Case Administrator/Courtroom Deputy
The Case Administrator/Courtroom Deputy performs duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Opens and closes cases, prepares case-related correspondence and issues summonses.
- Reviews documents for completeness and conformity with the federal and local rules and the policies of this distric
- Photocopies and scans documents.
- Makes summary docket entries and performs quality assurance reviews in the Case Management/Electronic Filing System (CM/ECF).
- Prepares and serves notices, orders, and judgments.
- Runs case management reports in CM/ECF to monitor deadlines and undertake appropriate action.
- Maintains the official court record and manages the progression of cases from case opening to final disposition.
- Processes appeals and appeal-related documents.
- Creates and distributes the judge's calendar and responds to court procedures and case-related inquiries from attorneys, self-represented litigants, agencies, and the public.
- Assists the judge with courtroom proceedings which includes, but is not limited to, setting up of the courtroom, calling the calendar, administering the oath to witnesses and interpreters, managing exhibits, preparing minutes of the proceedings, preparing jury vouchers, collecting data, and preparing statistical reports.
- Supports other areas of the Clerk's Office and performs other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate must have HS diploma and 2 years of legal work exp. 4yr degree and/or North Carolina State Bar Paralegal Certification is preferred.
THE COURT IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER