Maintenance DirectorThe Village at Hayes Valley
This position will facilitate the successful physical plant operations of the Community. This position will perform or supervise the repairs, alterations and maintenance of Community property that will promote a high sense of well-being and aesthetic appeal for residents, families and staff.
• Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
• Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
• Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
• Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
• Supervise maintenance and housekeeping staff; provide training; set and adjust rates of pay and hours of work; provide performance feedback both informally and formally; recognize both appropriate and inappropriate behaviors and performance (provide rewards and discipline); apportion work among subordinates.
• Perform removal, installation and repair/rebuilding of A/C equipment (e.g. compressor change outs, refrigeration leaks, motor replacements, recharging).
• Maintain budget record keeping, expenditure logs or spend-down sheets. participate in New Hire
Orientation program and other regular associate meetings or functions.
• Schedule and ensure completion of work orders.
• Schedule and implement preventative maintenance.
• Train staff in safety techniques.
• Sub contract repairs or alterations as necessary, securing fiscally sound bids.
• Oversee sub-contractors’ performance.
• Coordinate with marketing regarding apartment appearance and availability.
• Assist with move-in/out details. Prepare/repair rooms for resident use.
• Test and maintain safety equipment, fire alarm systems, smoke detectors, and emergency call systems.
• Maintain compliance with state regulatory requirements regarding maintenance systems (e.g. water temperatures, call-bell systems, door alarms, fire alarms, etc.).
• Repair plumbing fixtures (e.g., leaky faucets, toilets, sinks, drain, valves, water lines, ball cocks). Plunge toilets, sink, and floor drains.
• Repair electrical apparatus, (e.g., lights, switches, outlets, motors, icemakers, and appliances). Replace overhead light bulbs.
• Repair appliances (e.g., garbage disposal, dishwashers, icemakers, laundry equipment, stoves, heating and air conditioning equipment, commercial kitchen and laundry equipment, telephone systems, nurse
• Replace windows and tinting.
• Hang pictures, draperies, and vertical blinds.
• Hang wall cabinets (e.g., kitchen and bath).
• Install grab bars.
• Maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions in floors.
• Perform door removal and installation. Repair door locks and make adjustments.
• Perform wall texturing, painting, wall repairs and wallpapering.
• Complete roof repairs.
• Rotate on-call status and be available for consultation in an emergency situation.
• Possess diagnostic abilities and skills regarding detail completion.
• Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
• Perform other related assignments as required.
• Be familiar with Pacifica Policies & Procedures Manual and Pacifica Associate Handbook.
• Able to work in any maintenance staff's place when necessary.
• Be available for on-call emergency situations on a rotating basis.
• Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
• Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
• Respect Resident's Rights.
• Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly:
• Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
• Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever needed.
• Project and meet budgeting requirements.
• High School diploma or equivalent certificate and a degree or certificate forms a two-year technical school program.
• Must possess demonstrated success in a similar position.
• May be required to hold valid First Aid Certification and valid Driver’s License.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess basic math solving skills.
• Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for necessary periods.
• Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
• Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards.
• Regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
• Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, and push up to 100 pounds. Anything 50lbs and over requires another person to assist in lifting. When lifting must use necessary safety equipment if applicable and apply safety training during lifting. Failure to use proper safety equipment will result in disciplinary action and grounds for termination. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the eyes.
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders or crawl.
• Occasionally required to operate small power tools (screw drivers, drills, etc.).
• Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency situations.
The physical demands described must be met by every associate. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
• Must be willing to work outdoors in extreme heat and cold conditions.