Staff AccountantThe Press Democrat
The Press Democrat, a division of Sonoma Media Investments, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team. This position will play a key financial role in our Accounting Department. Accounting responsibilities include month-end journal entries, Profit and Loss and Balance sheet review and analysis and General Ledger Reconciliation.
Qualified candidates must have a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail. This position is responsible for:
- Prepare and balance daily deposit.
- Responsible for all accounting work necessary to ensure circulation transactions are reported accurately in Netsuite.
- Participate in period end closing, ensuring all assigned journal entries, reports and reconciliations.
- Assist the Controller with Financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting as required.
- Back up to conduct newsprint and ink physical inventory bi-monthly, as well as back up for carrier billing.
- Responsible for 1099 research and resolution.
- Other general accounting duties as requested.
Education, Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Five years of solid general accounting experience including balance sheet reconciliations.
- This individual must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, including upper management.
- Highly detail oriented, accurate, analytical, professional and a team player.
- Ability to work as part of a team with Business Office personnel, in a fast paced environment.
- Computer literate including intermediate to advanced Excel, experience in NetSuite and DTI would be beneficial.
- Ability to work extra hours, including evenings, or weekends during month end closing, and on special projects, as needed.
Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of their employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, vacation and 401K. Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
Sonoma Media Investments, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer