Maintenance Technician ASteel Creek Galvanizing, LLC
readySC™ in cooperation with Spartanburg Community College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC is launching a new facility in Cherokee County. Designed to protect steel against rust and other corrosion, the hot-dip galvanizing operation will be an environmentally-friendly, zero-emission operation. We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new facility in Blacksburg.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Maintenance Technician A
- Must be familiar with all the equipment to maintain it as required and follow routine/preventative maintenance schedules.
- Fabricate necessary jigs, stands, racks and specialized equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical apparatus, including electrical components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic valves, and pneumatic valves.
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance (PMs) on all equipment and troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Dismantle, repair, and re-assemble equipment as necessary.
- Run power supply wiring to machines and equipment.
- Run auxiliary cables and wires to machines and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on buildings and offices.
- Work with and/or supervise specialized contract labor as required.
- Make recommendations to improve production flow, performance, quality and cost efficiency.
- Ensure machinery, tools, and equipment are in good working order.
- Assist in solving quality problems, perform data collection, monitor processes and product control.
- Communicate and unusual operating conditions and/or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Ensure quality product is produced at the standard rate while minimizing scrap and downtime.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior galvanizing experience desired but not a requirement.
- Working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Must be able to effectively and safely utilize ladders, manlifts, forklifts, overhead cranes, monorails, etc.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to obtain SCG forklift/crane certification.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds, able to climb stairs and ladders, and work at elevated heights up to 60 feet.
- Must be capable of working in hazardous environments such as acid containment areas and high temperature areas and perform duties in confined areas wearing necessary PPE including clothing and respirators.
Starting wage $14 to $19 per hour depending on experience.
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC offers standard benefits package including paid time off.
Computer access available at Cherokee SC Works office or your nearest SC Works office
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
An Equal Opportunity Employer