Electrical Engineer, PESpring Stoops McCullen Engineering, PA
Spring Stoops McCullen Engineering, PA is growing to handle the increased market demand for excellence in engineering, design, and layout of electrical systems in planned new construction projects and facility renovations in Healthcare, Commercial, Educational, and Government facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall system design, sizing, layout and selection of components for electrical systems. Electrical systems include power, lighting, fire alarm, nurse call and telecommunications.
- Obtain basic architectural, civil, plumbing and mechanical data from documents, occupant interviews, and field measurements.
- Communicate with internal staff, clients, and other consultants / disciplines, providing project information as requested through attendance at project meetings, e-mail, correspondence, etc.
- Perform field review of existing facilities to determine and verify relevant services and site layout.
- Responsible for preparation of cost estimates.
- Assist in the review of shop drawing submittals as requested and posts modifications as needed.
- Compile specifications and contract documents from existing sources for assigned projects.
- Understand and apply codes as related to buildings and electrical design.
- Work to meet design schedules and complete tasks on budget.
- Mentor/train less experienced staff.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with experience in Electrical design.
- Licensed as an Professional Engineer in the State of NC or ability to obtain license in the State of NC.
- Proven ability to perform the duties specified with prior project experience at an equivalent level of responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Design: 4 years Mechanical & Electrical Engineering design firm specializing in HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, and Electrical design for institutional and commercial facilities.