Marketing ManagerSports Facilities Management, LLC
Marketing Manager Sports Facilities Management, LLC- Rocky Mount Event Center
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Department: Rocky Mount Event Center
Reports To: General Manager
Status: Full Time (Exempt)
About the Company:
Sports Facilities Management, LLC ("SFM") and its affiliated company Sports Facilities Advisory, LLC ("SFA") are the leading resource for those seeking to plan, manage, and optimize sports, recreation, event, and entertainment centers. SFM is engaged to manage the day-to-day operations of world-class, community-focused sports and recreation centers, sports tourism and event-focused sports and recreation destinations, and sports and entertainment complexes throughout the world. Joining the SFA and SFM family is a commitment to join us in our mission to improve the health and economic vitality of the communities we serve. Collectively, our facilities have hosted more than 50 million visits in the past several years, and our portfolio is growing rapidly. The Rocky Mount Event Center is an SFM managed facility that will open in May of 2018, in Rocky Mount, NC which is located in the eastern part of state. This first-class facility is comprised of 165,000 square feet that will have the capacity to host multi-court sports tournaments, trade shows, banquets, meetings concerts and community events. The facility also has a 15,000-square foot family entertainment center that has a variety of interactive games, ropes courses, climbing walls and other family friendly activities
The responsibility of the Marketing Manager is to promote the destination as a premier sports tourism and events location, The execution of this task will be accomplished by working closely with the local Convention & Visitors Bureau, partnering with local event/tournament providers and promoting the in-house events/tournaments. The Marketing Manager will oversee the implementation of the marketing action plan including online, print, tradeshows/conferences, familiarity visits, regional event relationship building, and more. The Marketing Manager will be evaluated based on the events booked, the number of visitors generated, customer retention, new business development, new program expansion, and sales pace.
Primary Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Advertising, marketing and promotional campaigns PR Press relations Social media
• Proven destination marketing experience
• Proven success in generating awareness through consumer marketing and branding
• Relevant experience in youth and amateur sports as a consumer, marketing professional, or other relevant experiences
• Proven experience in the successful launch of destination-specific advertising/marketing campaigns
• Experience working with convention & visitors bureau, regional sports commissions, and/or marketing in a regional sports and/or convention center
• Management of a marketing and business development budget including decisions on prioritization of highest and best return-on-investment for each marketing dollar.
• Proven analytics to measure the ROI, efficiency, and effectiveness for all marketing programs
• Experience working in public assembly facility strongly desired
• Management of company websites, content development, press release activity, and social media platforms
• Proven experience and success in promoting, booking, and delivering special events
• Preference will be given to candidates which have extensive knowledge in corporate marketing campaigns geared towards groups and corporations
• Bachelor's degree in business development, marketing, or business administration or minimum of 5-7 years' experience in a similar or comparable position.
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, and creative publishing tools relevant to application.
• Skilled at identifying and creating opportunities to deliver revenue goals
• Must have excellent interpersonal, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Must be a team player
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends, holidays and long hours)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds' waist high May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time whether indoors or outdoors, and squat, stoop or bend
• Will be required to operate a computer.
• Facility has intermittent noise