VP MarketingSan Manuel Casino
The Vice President Marketing is responsible for the strategic leadership of all aspects of the Marketing department with a primary focus on developing brand strategy based on target guests and designing the comprehensive guest experience. This position will direct the improvement of revenue through management of marketing strategic plans, while maintaining attention to guest service and satisfaction. Oversees the department and ensures the Marketing operations and staff provide friendly and efficient service to internal and external guests. The Vice President Marketing develops strategic goals and translates them into tactical plans, as well as provides leadership to ensure goals and expectations by the Tribe are attained.
This position provides oversight to ensure all marketing efforts are in accordance with overall business objectives, ensure campaigns and programs are aligned with brand standards and ensure programs are designed within budget guidelines and the strategic plan for the property. The Vice President Marketing is responsible for the following areas: Advertising, Media Buys, Online Marketing, Production, Creative, Database Marketing, Entertainment, Sponsorships, Public Relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees overall strategic marketing direction for the casino including all advertising, database marketing, on-line/email marketing, entertainment, and sponsorships.
- Manages effectiveness of marketing initiatives; identifies short-term and long-term goals, measuring (ROI) for all marketing programs. Directly responsible for revenue and profit targets, including the detailed analysis and reporting of associated marketing expenses. Provides input, direction, and execution of strategic plans, operating budgets, and service standards to capture incremental revenue and EBITDA. Directs the budget management for the department. Ensures budget is complete, accurate and in line with Tribe goals.
- Provides strategic insight, direction, and oversight to the Marketing department to ensure a successful and continuous operation. Develops marketing strategic plans and assists with property plans / operational recommendations that are consistent with the strategic vision of San Manuel Casino.
- Conducts competitor research and analysis for operations to ensure positioning alignment in the diverse and ever-evolving regional markets.
- Develops short and long-range operations objectives. Monitors, documents, and notifies the CMO of any problems that may impact or jeopardize the achievement of current and future objectives. Provides constructive feedback to the CMO on necessary changes and improvements; implements and monitors approved changes.
- Define individual brand based on target guest while working with internal agency. Ensure brand team delivers effective on-property activation (e.g., signage, marquees), and mediate between property and central needs.
- Develop annual marketing strategy in collaboration with central team for shared services support and to ensure alignment with portfolio marketing activities. Monitors existing business operations and liaise with property casino leaders to share best demonstrated practices for marketing, guest service, and casino operations (yield and optimization).
- Demonstrates an expert working knowledge of the marketing industry. Stays abreast of new technologies and cutting edge trends significant to gaming operations. Attends industry conferences, conventions, tradeshows, expositions, etc. and networks with industry experts. Targets and researches relevant technology / 3rd parties to improve operations, guest service, and marketing efficiencies.
- Researches and analyzes existing data and trends and takes action to reduce costs and increase revenues whenever possible.
- Provide pre-opening support as needed to all new operations.
- Regularly reviews and recommends changes/revisions, where necessary, to internal controls that relate to the Marketing department operations. Regularly evaluates all Marketing department policies and procedures for effectiveness and possible areas of improvement or efficiencies.
- Manages the Marketing team which includes sharing best demonstrated practices across the company as well as synergies in mail production. Select, train, develop, organize and motivate a highly qualified and effective team, capable of providing optimum staff support for the organization. The development includes technical abilities as well as leadership and interpersonal skills. Maintains high morale through support, appreciation and development of Team Members.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field is required. Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in marketing required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years supervisory experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Experience in large-scale gaming operations.
- Must be culturally competent and effective in a multi-cultural environment.
- Effective at presenting information and responding to questions and/or concerns from management, staff, customers, public groups, regulatory agencies, and/or the Business Committee.
- Strong leadership and people management skills required with good motivational and collaboration emphasis; communicates change effectively, overcomes resistance and builds commitment.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and positive manner with internal and external guests.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.