Valet CashierSan Manuel Casino
As one of the leading entertainment destinations in Southern California, San Manuel Casino (SMC) caters to approximately 2.2 million visitors each year. The Transportation department serves an integral role in creating a positive guest experience through its multiple services, including bussing, shuttle and valet.
Under the direction of Valet/Shuttle Management, the Valet Cashier provides professional front door service to guests, entering and exiting the establishment. Maintains a positive public image while making themselves available and visible to offer greetings, farewells, information, assistance, and other guest services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service by following company service standards.
- Opens and closes doors for arriving and departing guests.
- Secures and monitors valet vehicles and the valet garage.
- Issues valet parking tickets and conducts cash transactions with guests.
- Verifies and inputs vehicle information into the computerized valet parking system.
- Provides and maintains a personal bank of $50.00.
- Counts and submits monies and supporting documentation to the shift supervisor during and at the end of the shift.
- Assists guests with unloading/loading wheelchairs, walkers or scooters not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Inspects exterior and interior of each vehicle for safety hazards or excessive damage.
- Writes informative notes and vehicle information on valet tickets.
- Directs valet traffic flow to ease congestion.
- Verifies vehicle ownership when guests lose the valet claim ticket.
- Provides operational updates including safety issues/concerns, guest concerns, and vehicle and garage status.
- Assists Valet/Shuttle Management by driving department vehicles to and from offsite locations; including, overflow parking lots, employee parking lots, hotels, vendor sites, guest residences, and office supply stores.
- Assists with the fueling of department vehicles.
- Maintains performance and production levels that satisfy daily shift parking averages.
- Assists Valet/Shuttle Management with administrative duties; including, filing, stocking supplies, data entry, and contacting external and internal guests.
- Assists Valet/Shuttle Management with new employee training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two (2) years driving experience required.
- Ability to operate both a manual and an automatic transmission preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year customer service and cash handling experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.