Server/Marketing ModelSan Manuel Casino
The Server/Marketing Model is responsible for accurate and efficient food and beverage service to all SMIBC guests within the Venue. The incumbent also serves as a public relations ambassador within the Venue and other specialty venues throughout the casino. The Server/Marketing Model will serve as a premier entertainer for special casino events and in-house modeling programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating the ultimate, memorable guest experience by providing exceptional service to every patron; interacts and entertains in an enthusiastic and engaging manner.
- Acts as an ambassador of the venue; markets all products offered to the targeted customer base.
- Provides timely service in a friendly and courteous manner to all guests within the Venue; greets guests and takes their orders utilizing suggestive/up-selling techniques.
- Maintains knowledge of all drinks, recipes and beer items available, the price of each, and how the drink is garnished.
- Must pass service standards, food, liquor, wine, beer and alcohol awareness and point of sales tests with scores of 90% or better, before working solo shift: then periodic quizzes and tests thereafter.
- Informs patrons of food and beverage specials as well as upcoming and ongoing promotions and events.
- Anticipates guests’ needs; responds promptly and acknowledges all patrons.
- Maintains positive guest relations; resolves complaints and ensures guest satisfaction at all times.
- Performs in a public relations capacity within the High Limit Room and in specialty venues throughout the casino; participates in modeling presentations and promotional programs as required.
- Maintains energetic dialogue with all guests while upholding a warm, positive and friendly persona at all times.
- Verifies the legal age of all guests that appear to be under the age of 30.
- Ensures all responsible Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), state and gaming policies are adhered to while serving alcohol.
- Maintains knowledge and pricing of food menu items, liquor brands, wines, beers and non-alcoholic selections available.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintains all assigned wardrobe/costumes in accordance with established standards.
- Maintains compliance with responsible vendors and food handling programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be a minimum 21 years of age.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a high volume beverage or nightclub setting required.
- Current or previous model/presenter experience highly preferred; ability to wear designer clothing associated with model industry requirements.
- Candidates must consistently maintain a well groomed appearance, posture and hygiene.
- Must have a warm, inviting and engaging personality and be comfortable in an entertainment setting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- A strong knowledge of spirits, wines, champagne, and mixed cocktails highly preferred.
- Exemplary customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively, and work well with others.
- Must possess intermediate mathematical proficiency.
- Must possess or obtain and maintain a current Food Handlers Card.
- Will be required to undergo and successfully obtain a negative Tuberculosis test prior to employment (administered by San Manuel approved vendor).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” Gaming License issued by the San Manuel Gaming Commission.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.