Director of Digital GamingSan Manuel Casino
The Director of Digital Gaming is responsible for strategic definition, marketing, deployment and management of gaming products across real money and social business verticals. This key position is an integral part of the San Manuel Casino organization where you will be responsible for identifying and validating product requirements for product portfolio development plans.
The Director of Digital Gaming will ensure product initiatives satisfy the short and long term needs of the market and result in a measurable increase in revenue growth and profitability. Product management includes determining product features and functionality, product positioning, and marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Product Strategy; discovery, definition and validation of specific product requirements for varying territories for the creation of product portfolio plans.
- Working together with the CMO and the marketing staff to create an integrated and robust marketing and promotion strategy designed to grow the database and drive revenues & profitability.
- Quantitative product analysis; performance reporting, market sizing and operational metrics.
- Market analysis; competitive research, player and operator research and market awareness.
- Product planning; product positioning, product deployment, marketing, release and end of life strategies.
- Business evaluation; creation and evaluation of business plans and ROI’s for current and new business opportunities.
- Product Support; must maintain current product functionality knowledge to support pre-sales/sales teams to fulfill strategic requirements of the role.
- Creates a digital marketing campaign, which encompasses content creation and management, e-commerce, graphic, web and print design.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that address various projects related to the marketing department’s digital initiatives.
- Leads a team with marketing creative and online marketing team members in web content/presentation execution and management by identifying and loading product images and videos.
- Works closely with the Marketing departments management to identify and correct web content integrity issues.
- Creates integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives across multiple channels from email, web and online search/advertising to drive customer interest in SMC.
- Together, with Database Marketing leadership, identifies new audiences and segments.
- Develops digital strategy and targeted multi-channel marketing initiatives that successfully build profitable, long-term relationships with SMC customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Business Management degree or equivalent.
- 8+ years of gaming experience.
- Knowledge of Product Management processes.
- Must be versed in all major Windows applications including MS Word, Excel and Project.
- Must have demonstrable oral and written communication skills.
- Technical understanding of casino game software and hardware.
- Must be assertive, detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Must have interpersonal relations to effectively interact with all departments.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work cross-functionally with the SMD CEO and San Manuel Casino teams, and development teams to ultimately serve the needs of our players.
- Product Support; must possess the current product functionality knowledge to support pre-sales/sales teams to fulfill strategic requirements of the role.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions – Environment
The physical demands and working environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Primary work environment is in a climate-controlled office setting.
- Work requires travel to attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences.
- Incumbents may be required to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Strength sufficient to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects and/or move up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of the position are: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the telephone.
- Visual Acuity that best describes the requirements of the position: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection of employees, visitors or facility.
- Mobility sufficient to safely move in an office environment, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and enter, exit and operate a motor vehicle in the course of travel to promotional events, meetings, conferences, trade shows and San Manuel properties.
- Endurance sufficient to sit, walk and stand for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during extended work hours.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including secondhand smoke.