Accounting ManagerRadio Communications Company
We are an active sales/engineering company with fewer than 20 employees. Our Accounting Manager is retiring and we are seeking an experienced professional to replace him. This individual will manage all company Accounting functions and will work closely with the President to provide valuable assistance with Human Resources and Administrative support. This is a full-time position.
Job Purpose / Primary Function:
Accounting (Finance, Bookkeeping) will organize and control the accounting, payroll, administrative support, and human resources management for the company. The ideal candidate is highly organized and detail-oriented, a self-starter, with experience in executive administration to include accounting (finance, bookkeeping), human resources and operations. He/She must work well under pressure and possess the ability to complete assignments on time. This individual will report to our President and will often work directly with staff, vendors, customers, etc. Strong communication skills, an eye for detail, accuracy, being a team player, superior customer service ethic, responsiveness, and the ability to problem-solve are critical.
Accounting Functions - to include, but not limited to: accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase orders, inventory, sales tax reporting, bank reconciliations, GL maintenance and reconciliation, and customer and vendor management using Sage 50 Premium Accounting software. Annually, direct completion of physical inventories, 1099 and property tax reporting, and provide assistance to outside auditors in preparation of annual corporate tax returns. Provide accurate weekly financials to the President. Help ensure the company is compliant with all legal requirements.
Human Resources Functions - to include, but not limited to: personnel files, new hire documentation and enrollment in company health plans, bi-weekly payroll processing, insurance policies, payroll taxes, maintenance of employee handbook, Workers Compensation Claims management, maintaining employee PTO records in accordance with company policy, and other administrative documentation and functions in an organized and up-to-date manner.
General Administrative Office Functions - Prepare reports and spreadsheets as needed or directed. Coordinate and oversee completion of special projects as needed. Respond to general communications and correspondences for company. Function as office administrator in regard to building maintenance and supplies requisitions as needs arise. Handle and protect confidential information with highest level of discretion. Perform other projects and duties or tasks as assigned or needed by President.
- Results focused and team oriented with strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and work in a deadline driven environment
- Highly professional demeanor with strong business acumen
- Previous accounting AND human resource experience
- Demonstrate capability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, thoughts, and processes to all employees
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone manners, voice, and skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening skills and ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and follow priorities
- Ability to work closely with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, customers, vendors, suppliers and other outside professionals
- Solid analytical and mathematical skills as related to human resources, basic accounting practices and procedures
- Ability to communicate with other managers within the company in English. Good verbal and writing skills.
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office and SAGE 50 (Peachtree).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Management, Human Resources
- Strong proficiency in Sage 50, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in office management, facilities operations experience, human resources, accounting, payroll, workman's comp., taxes, etc.
- Previous experience managing people.
- At least 10 years of experience in Accounting and Human Resources