Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Administrator
Are you seeking an opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and forward-thinking organization?
Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is currently looking for a dedicated individual to join our team as an IT Infrastructure Administrator. This position plays a crucial role in maintaining, optimizing, and securing our organization's IT infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Infrastructure Management: Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of our organization's IT infrastructure, including servers, networks, storage systems, and virtualization platforms.
- System Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Monitor system performance, identify potential issues, and proactively resolve any technical problems to ensure the availability and reliability of critical systems.
- Security Enhancement: Collaborate with the security team to implement and maintain robust security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and access controls, to safeguard our infrastructure from threats and vulnerabilities.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Establish and maintain data backup and recovery procedures to ensure business continuity in case of data loss or system failures.
- Capacity Planning: Analyze system capacity and performance trends to anticipate future infrastructure needs and recommend upgrades or expansions as necessary.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of infrastructure configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting processes.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including IT support, development, and operations, to ensure seamless communication and alignment of infrastructure initiatives.
Successful candidates should have:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an Infrastructure Administrator or a similar role, demonstrating a deep understanding of IT infrastructure components and systems. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficiency in configuring and managing Windows and Linux servers, networking equipment, and virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.).
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.) and hybrid infrastructure setups.
- Strong knowledge of security best practices and experience implementing security measures within an infrastructure context.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues efficiently.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Position requires a driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, etc.) are a plus.
Team members are our most important resource. Pay and Benefits include:
- Salary Range is $77,770 - $116,655
- Membership in the NC Local Government Employee Retirement System
- 5% Employer 457 Deferred Compensation contribution
- Retirement Health Savings account
- Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Dependent Life, Long-term Disability
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave; 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education
- Ability to transfer unused sick leave from preceding NC Local Government or State agency employer
- Much, much more!
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Apply for this excellent opportunity. This recruitment will close on September 18, 2023.