The Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is a public, non-profit agency providing water, sewer, and reclaimed water services to the Carrboro-Chapel Hill community. We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented Administrative Assistant to join our successful team.
This individual should have strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate is a team player with a service-oriented attitude, professional demeanor, excellent work ethic and the ability to successfully handle multiple tasks at once.
Position provides administrative and technical support to the Customer Service and Finance departments. Duties include serving as receptionist by answering main phone line, greeting visitors, distributing and processing mail. Complete customer account data entries, large mailings and other projects as needed. Position maintains electronic and physical filing systems to include retention, retrieval, and destruction.
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma with one to three years of experience in an administrative supporting role. Requires above average skills with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Valid North Carolina Class C driver’s license required.
Work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
OWASA provides excellent benefits to include:
- Membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Paid premiums for Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurances
- Assistance for Dependent Health, Dental and Vision premiums
- Employer contribution in 457 plan
- Employer contribution in Retirement Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave
- Educational Reimbursement, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education
- and more!
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. OWASA does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in administration of its programs or activities, or employment decisions. OWASA is a Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.
Salary range is $35,246 - $54,279.
Recruitment will remain open until July 13, 2021.