Audience AnalystNews & Observer Publishing Co.
Raleigh, NC Full-time
Posted on July 5, 2018
The audience analyst is the primary audience data analyst for the McClatchy newsrooms located in NC and SC. Working closely with the regional audience growth team, s/he will be the primary “data whisperer” in each of the seven newsrooms served by this team. This person will be responsible for creating monthly reports and interpreting data for colleagues throughout the regional news operation to help them build successful audience growth strategies.
- Using tools like Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat and Parse.ly along with other native social analytics tools to monitor and interpret both real time and historical data.
- Assisting newsrooms with defining metrics of success for various initiatives and experiments
- Serving as an internal consultant to journalists throughout the organization by helping to develop personal and team growth metrics.
- Evaluating SEO challenges and opportunities and developing strategies to improve content search results.
- Monitoring industry trends and making strategic recommendations on content and workflow changes and acquisition/use of new applications?
- Developing dashboards to measure organizational priorities.
- Teaching and training journalists on effective personal use of analytics tools.
- Working with colleagues in audience, product and technology to ensure alignment
- Working with senior news management on developing and tracking goals
- Experience working in audience analysis with consumer-focused news media companies
- Bachelor's in journalism, computer science, data science or relevant fields
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts to new audiences
- Previous experience with Adobe Analytics and other audience analytics tools
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of SEO and online marketing disciplines
- High proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency using data visualization tools and techniques