Technical Product Manager
McClatchy is hiring a Technical Product Manager to lead the technical execution of our back-end applications and API layer, including the content management system that our journalists use every day.
McClatchy, one of America’s leading local media companies and a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
Learn a little bit about us: McClatchy
Our Technical Product Manager sits within the Consumer Product and Research team working with other product managers & owners, experience designers and researchers dedicated to identifying and implementing product solutions that serve our readers’ needs. You will join a team committed to an inclusive, equitable, and ego-free culture.
Location: We have a location in Raleigh NC, however we are open to the position being remote within the US. If located in Raleigh, you will have the benefit of working in an office environment, some or all of your time.
- Develop technical requirements for back-end and email products and features.
- Partner with software architects to define API strategy and approach.
- Work closely with a Scrum development team and provide consistent guidance and clarity.
- Effectively communicate the business value of back-end work to non-technical stakeholders.
- Work with other product managers and editors to roll out new features and make sure journalists know how to use them
- Translate product strategies into actionable plans and project deliverables with achievable launch targets.
- Champion a culture of teamwork while taking ownership of key product decisions.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization.
- 2+ years of experience as a technical product manager or product owner.
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and Jira.
- Ability to balance priorities and multi-task.
- Able to communicate effectively with software developers, senior leadership and journalists.
- Very detailed while keeping an eye on the big picture.
Nice to have:
- Scrum master or Product Owner certification
- Experience working with content management systems
- Background in software development and/or journalism