Strategic Account Manager - AutoMcClatchy
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
The Strategic Account Manager - Automotive is an important role in driving digital revenue for large local accounts. This individual is responsible for developing and executing initiatives for client acquisition and revenue generating activity across our fast growing digital business. This position assists in the development and execution of all digital advertising strategies, along with new product and market development to grow revenue and market share. Primary responsibilities include direct sales, client development and engagement, product knowledge and modeling. The successful candidate will balance leveraging existing client relationships to transition legacy business to rapid, digital growth in addition to prospecting and acquiring new business.
What You Can Expect:
If you are a potential sales professional, you will appreciate what we provide for our team members to facilitate their success. You can expect:
- mentoring and coaching from our leadership team
- detailed new hire training
- ongoing sales and marketing training
- clear expectations and goals
- a lucrative incentive program, including salary plus commission
- a supportive team environment
The ideal candidate enjoys working in an ever-changing digital environment with rewarding challenges!
Is . . .
- able to work independently with the support of a solid company
- a team player
- able to use data to support effective campaigns
- consistent in follow through
Has . . .
- A great attitude and a willingness to learn
- A desire to help your customers succeed
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand, assess, and develop plans for areas for growth (cross-sell/up-sell/new customers) within identified opportunity categories and assigned geography and share insights with local sales team
- Create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client’s needs through a CIA (needs analysis)
- Communicate the ROI of the solution and educate the client on the solution, as needed
- Actively manage relationship by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction and identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Target and build relationships with existing clients and potential clients within local markets
- Smoothly transition accounts to and from other teams as necessary based on spending level and customer needs
- Assist local markets and strategic sales teams with sales process and strategy to close additional, incremental revenues
- Assist with executing company Big Ask and Agency Launch initiatives and strategies
- Ability to identify prospects and capture new business revenue
- Understands each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions
- Act as key client advocate and liaison
- Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Should be able to initiate and define interactive projects internally
- Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
- Exhibits technical competency (i.e. updated our CRM, completing client-ready proposals in PowerPoint, etc…)
- Researches and provides insights to the clients
- Has deep understanding of local market and competitive landscape
- Attends local networking events to become clear media leader
- Work effectively within a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- 3-4 years prior digital media account management experience
- Strong organization skills
- Communicates skillfully with varied communication style and is charismatic
- Demonstrated ability to juggle priorities with boundaries on behalf of both the agency and client
- Familiar with both online and offline work
- Appreciates creative and design aesthetics
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Automotive Sales experience
- Digital Agency experience
- A passion for Digital Advertising
- Knowledge and use of consultative sales practices
- Experience using SalesForce CRM or equivalent.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match. The News & Observer is part of McClatchy.