McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy –
A place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is hiring a Software Developer to design, implement, and maintain code for the company's content management system and other, supplemental applications and infrastructure that power McClatchy’s numerous Web sites.
Developers work closely with developers on their team and other teams as well as software architects to define deliverables, divide and conquer assignments, design solutions, and write code. Developers also work closely with product owners and other stakeholder to make sure their solutions meet the needs of the users.
Note: This position is in our our innovation-focused, product-driven, technology hub in downtown Raleigh.
- Enterprise software design and development
- Datastore or database design and development
- Design and development of unit test modules
- Peer code reviews
- Creation of documentation for both developer and end-user consumption
- Providing training to other developers and customer service personnel
- After hours availability for emergency issues.
- 1-2 years of professional programming experience
- Experience with a revision control system (e. g. GIT, Subversion)
Special Skills/Licenses/Certifications: Required
- Software design and development in a team environment
- Solid knowledge of Unix or Linux, the command-line and scripting
- Customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics is preferred but not required
Special Skills/Licenses/Certifications: Desired
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- REST API structure, design and usage
- Test driven development, unit tests, test automation
- Web Services in a Service Oriented Architecture