The News & Observer has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Assistant to join our dynamic and forward-thinking advertising team!
The Sales Assistant is expected to project a positive image of WALTER Magazine through professional client interactions. This is a PART TIME position: 20 hours per week, 14.00 per hour.
- The Sales & Operations Associate provides support to Account Executive by processing transactions and ad orders, performing day-to-day maintenance of customer accounts, ensuring artwork is received, proofing artwork, and working with the production team to ensure accuracy.
- Look for opportunities to free up the Account Executive’s time to maximize sales functions.
- The Sales & Operations Associate must be knowledgeable about rates, deadlines, credit rules, and production processes of WALTER Magazine in order to service customers accurately. Their demeanor and communication with clients must be focused on maintaining professional, amiable relationships with decision makers and their agents and agencies.
- The Sales & Operations Associate will be the first point of contact for all subscription inquiries for both new and existing subscribers.
- The Sales & Operations Associate is expected will help with the delivery of magazines at the beginning of each month to ensure all customers and partnerships are stocked with most recent issue.
- Work closely with WALTER Director to manage ticket sales, seating arrangements and various other administrative tasks that relate to events.
- The Sales & Operations Associate is expected to project a positive image of WALTER Magazine through professional client interactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Order ads correctly and in a timely manner in all systems.
- Submits ad copy, art and layout to production by deadline; monitor missing ad reports.
- Works with team of Account Executives to achieve monthly and annual revenue goals by providing new and existing clients with superior customer service.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of product features and benefits, and rates.
- Collaborate with Account Executives, Sales Managers and Client Success Coordinators to develop strategies that will grow revenue from existing and new customers and improve customer relations.
- Communicates any scheduling or placement issues with Layout team on a timely basis and will provide solutions for the client.
- Works to ensure issues are quickly resolved and that customers receive top-notch customer service.
- Attends sales meetings and training to obtain sales, product, competition and other essential job information.
- Maintains an organized work environment.
- Anticipates problems and seeks creative opportunities to solve.
- Provides effective, courteous customer service to all customers including resolving complaints, issuing credits, and scheduling ads promptly and accurately.
- Must demonstrate regular and reliable attendance. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- High School or greater with relevant experience.
- 2+ years of successful administrative experience preferably in the advertising industry.
- Knowledge of the advertising industry a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Proven customer relationship success, proven time-management and decision making skills.
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Standard hours for this role are: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday 6 hours with a 1 hour break. No hours on Fridays.
Compensation dependent upon relevant education and experience. The fulltime position includes a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.