The Herald-Sun has an exciting opportunity for a Media Consultant to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team!
- Work within an assigned territory to maximize revenue from existing client base by recommending advertising solutions that will return the needed ROI for customers to continue to do business with The Durham Herald-Sun
- Prospect for new customers within assigned segments or categories of business.
- Understand all products and their ability to provide ROI for customers, especially digital.
- Achieve monthly revenue goals established by management.
- Spend 70% of your time prospecting for new customers within your key segments, categories or territory.
- Generate 4 proposals each week.
- Maintain a client profile on all active customers.
- Develop plans for client growth (cross-sell/up-sell).
- Create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client's needs through a CIA.
- Understand the clients KPI's and be able to communicate how your recommended advertising solution(s) will meet these KPI's.
- Complete all needed processes and procedures assigned to sales reps that insure your clients advertising solutions are schedule and published on time and accurately.
- Upon completion of client advertising, be able to clearly communicate the results of clients advertising and identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- Complete all needed paperwork on time and accurately.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Position requires at least 3-5 years experience in sales, preferably in media sales.
- The ideal candidate will have proven track record of surpassing sales goals and the ability to manage a geographic territory.
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must have valid NC driver’s license and have $100,000-$300,000 liability coverage on auto insurance policy.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.