Lead Product Manager - AudienceMcClatchy
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history. Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is hiring a Lead Product Manager – Audience, responsible for managing a team of Product Managers that create and drive the strategic vision and roadmap for McClatchy’s audience, subscription and marketing business line. This position will be a liaison between executives, business stakeholders, and the development team.
Note: The location for this position is our innovation-focused, product-driven, technology hub in downtown Raleigh, N.C
- Use research, data analysis, user experience analysis and testing, competitive research and other relevant tools to ensure informed decision making and prioritize opportunities
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to develop and drive an overall strategic plan and roadmap for McClatchy's audience, subscription and marketing products, defining and articulating new opportunities and goals, and aligning the strategy with other areas of the business
- Lead a team of product managers focused on McClatchy's audience, subscription and marketing strategy and products, ensuring they understand and are focused on the strategic direction
- Regularly provide coaching for the team of product managers and equip them with the knowledge, tools, and resources to be successful
- Define, review, and improve team processes regularly
- Clearly communicate the strategy and goals to development teams and ensure delivery against them
- Lead projects through the definitional stages, working to ensure that we’re working to solve the right problem and have clearly articulated problem statements and goals identified. Own accountability for the ultimate execution of the project, working cross-functionally to ensure that the solution that is built delivers against the defined problem and goals
- Assist with all aspects of the product lifecycle, including strategy, product requirements definition, design, competitive research, forecasting, launch plans, testing, and future enhancements
- Working with stakeholders to define new products and features, quantify the benefits and prioritize these items
- Create RFIs and drive vendor evaluation process
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics as well as identify and measure the impact of new features. Regularly track product performance and success metrics, and report them to stakeholders.
- Establish self as subject-matter expert on your products, best practices, competition and the latest industry trends. Define actionable insights from this knowledge and use it to influence the product roadmap, as appropriate
- Create and execute product communication plans
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years experience managing a team
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience including 5 years experience in product management
- Familiarity and comfort in working with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health, set goals and metrics, and aid in the prioritization of initiatives and features. Strong analytical skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action.
- Strong technical or product expertise, including the ability to analyze business problems effectively and work cross-functionally to prioritize and ultimately drive appropriate and even game-changing solutions
- Experience working in an Agile environment and an understanding of how that impacts the role of Product Management
- An effective understanding of technology and how to use it to deliver outstanding and innovative products
- An ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, think creatively and strategically, with a corresponding ability to execute strategies methodically
- Ability to perform analysis then defend findings to drive business decisions
- Track record of success in fast-paced organizations with matrixed reporting environments, using collaborative approaches to drive effective solutions when no direct reporting relationship exists
- Demonstrated collaboration skills, working across a broad organization
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Some travel may be necessary - 0-20%
- Advanced degree
- Experience working in a subscription-based business, is strongly preferred