McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy!
A place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
You will work closely with colleagues on an Agile team, as well as product owners and subject matter experts to develop dynamic functionality, integrate solutions and tune performance on multiple enterprise scale web sites.
McClatchy IT creates, deploys, and maintains software that powers over 70 periodical Web sites, including miamiherald.com, charlotteobserver.com, and newsobserver.com (Raleigh, NC). All of the Web sites are hosted and monitored in enterprise-class data centers.
Additionally, McClatchy IT supports all of the Web sites with hands-on technical training, consulting services, and 24/7 customer service.
- Design and development of unit test modules
- Peer code reviews
- Creation of documentation
- Providing training to other developers and customer service personnel
- After hours availability for emergency issues.
- 4-6 years of professional programming experience
- Enterprise scale software development
- Experience with a revision control system (e. g. GIT, Subversion)
- Web oriented software design and development in a team environment
- Experience with package managers and transpilers such as npm, WebPack, Babel
- Proficient in CSS, Sass and HTML
- Solid knowledge of Unix or Linux, the command-line, scripting and configuration
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, physics, or mathematics