Inserter/Mailer - Temporary/Seasonal
Become a News & Observer Inserter Temp
and Get Up To a $400 Sign-On Bonus!
Join our team as a temporary/seasonal Inserter at the News & Observer Insert Center located in Garner. The assignment is anticipated to run through December 6, 2020. Eligible candidates will receive up to $400 in bonus pay upon assignment completion.
As an Inserter you will be responsible for maintaining a steady supply of preprint advertisement into the insert machine. This may include multiple feeders, pulling inserts from pallets and shaking to specified position to feed into the machine. Inserters work in a production environment with fellow co-workers and must have a high degree of safety awareness.
The News & Observer Insert Center is a fast-paced, deadline driven production facility in a manufacturing/warehouse environment that functions 7 days a week, including holidays. This facility runs printing presses, insert machinery and various equipment as part of the newspaper assembly. Newspapers are prepared in bundles for packaging delivery.
The Ideal candidate:
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Is dependable with a sense of urgency and good attendance
- Arrives to work on time; ready to be productive
- Is a motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done – even if that means working past the end of your scheduled shift
Workdays: Department operates 7 days a week, so workdays will vary, include Saturday and/or Sunday.
Hours per week: 35-40 hours, average
Shifts: 1st shift: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM 2ndshift: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Pay Rate: $10.00 Status: Seasonal/Temporary
- Prepare & Load advertisements into inserting equipment & ensure machine runs continuously
- Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips
- Maintain a clean work environment; keeping machines clean, removing papers, skids and debris from the work area throughout your workday
- Follow safety instructions and guidelines
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must pass criminal background check & drug test
- Common sense and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Physical dexterity to lift & move 20-30 pounds of materials on a continuous basis and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, on a concrete floor, for at least 5 hours at a time