Director of Privacy and Compliance Operations (PCO)McClatchy
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history. Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
McClatchy is hiring a Director of Privacy and Compliance Operations (PCO) to lead the development, implementation and management of McClatchy’s data privacy and compliance program. The PCO Director will oversee central privacy and compliance initiatives and will be responsible for monitoring the changing regulatory landscape to ensure general organizational preparedness for new requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to “hit-the-ground-running” and immediately assume a lead role in cross-functional initiatives enabling CCPA and HIPAA Business Associate compliance by 2020.
Note: The preferred location for this position is Raleigh NC or Sacaramento CA, however we may consider other locations.
- Develop a data privacy compliance strategy and implement data privacy compliance programs in accordance with state and federal regulations (CCPA, HIPAA, SHEILD, etc.)
- Administer operational activities related to compliance such as data mapping, record request processing, etc.
- Oversee privacy risk reviews and impact assessments for complex applications/initiatives going through risk review processes, focusing on obligations under relevant privacy regulations.
- Support the on-going strategic administration of the program including but not limited to the overall management of compliance systems and tools, outside firm/supplier relationship support, and functional coordination.
- Provide subject matter expertise in privacy matters to functional and business groups as required.
- Supports the Leadership Team regarding enterprise wide program development, enhancements and strategy.
- Manage the development of compliance training.
- 5+ years of experience in Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, or Internal Audit with a focus on privacy and compliance program development and management
- Bachelor’s degree
- CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor
- CIPP: Certified Information Privacy Professional (US/Privacy Manager/technology)
- Strong understanding of US and International Privacy Regulations
- Significant experience (e.g., CCPA, HIPAA, CPI, SHIELD etc.)
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects through to completion
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working in compliance program, including significant experience drafting policies, procedures and other guidance documents
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical, organizational, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and develop business process and controls.
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to lead and develop people
- Significant project management experience and ability to prioritize projects and responsibilities
- Adept at understanding complex concepts and situations presented by the business environment
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and high-growth environment
- CIPP-US/ CIPM or CIPT Certification
- CISA Certification
McClatchy is headquartered in Sacramento CA, and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MNI. McClatchy is a drug-free, proud equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.