Digital Media StrategistMcClatchy
We have a great opportunity for a driven Digital Media Strategist at excelerate Digital, McClatchy’s national digital marketing agency. This digital media architect is our go-to expert for planning, crafting and facilitating the execution of high-dollar media plans for B2B and B2C clients. Along with building a holistic digital marketing plan, they are ultimately responsible for the success of their client’s digital campaigns and work closely with researchers, media buyers, and product specialists to make it happen.
We are looking for experienced media planners who are comfortable working across multiple channels and tactics while maintaining a laser-like focus on setting and achieving measurable results through carefully defined KPIs while still possessing a detailed and analytic mindset to provide unique and compelling insights to clients and stakeholders.
We offer career growth opportunities to team members who thrive in an environment that rewards collaboration, creative solutions, and an entrepreneurial mindset. Our team is primarily based in Raleigh, NC, but remote opportunities may be available for highly qualified candidates.
- Develop data-driven digital media plans that align with customer KPIS, competitive research, and campaign experience. Work with sales reps to understand prospect’s challenges and goals and collaborate with internal PPC/SEM, video, and programmatic display specialists to gather intel that resonates with the client.
- Oversee the strategic vision of new campaign implementation, including outlining the strategic plan and key objectives, guiding campaign integration across multiple tactics, collaborating with creative teams to tell the advertiser’s story, working with operations and product specialists to determine optimal audience targeting, communicating with partners and vendors, and ensuring tracking is in place to measure success and report on the right metrics to the right people.
- Manage the overall success of assigned campaign portfolios by critically analyzing the product mix, optimizing audience targeting, and shifting budget to better performing tactics, and recommending upsells when appropriate.
- Collaborate with our internal analytics/reporting team to routinely create campaign performance reports interwoven with strategic insights. Communicate performance highlights and actionable findings to client facing account managers and my sales reps.
- Contribute to our startup mindset while leveraging the reach and opportunities of our national footprint. Help develop team process improvements and overall insights for team and company growth.
- 4+ years, or equivalent, of digital marketing experience - experience working in a digital agency environment preferred
- Experience (or involvement in) creating and executing on annual media plans for six and seven figure clients
- Strong consultant skills with experience in a client facing role prefered
- Experience integrating numerous forms of digital advertising, such as PPC/SEM, programmatic display, video, native, paid and organic social media, SEO, website design, and reputation management
- Working knowledge of remarketing and advanced targeting tactics, including dynamic creative, RLSA, PLA, CRM, site retargeting, search retargeting, keyword contextual, affinity, and lookalike audiences
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, AdWords, and DoubleClick
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides
Experience preferred with some or all of the following ad platforms and digital research tools: DoubleClick (DCM, DBM, DS, Studio, etc), Adobe Ad Cloud, Centro, Trade Desk, Lotame, Krux, Sizmek, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Omniture, AdWords, Bing Ads, SpeedShift, Moz, SpyFu, SEMRush, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Audience Insights, Rival IQ, Hitwise Audience View, AdMall, eMarketer, Claritas, Nielsen SMS, Borrell Compass, etc.