McClatchy is looking for an exceptionally talented Data Analyst who is highly skilled in identifying Product and Technology KPI’s, data mining, report generation, data interpretation, and presenting data to management. Required: 3+ years’ experience analyzing numbers in a role such as a Data Analyst or Financial Analyst
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
The McClatchy Analytics team is looking for an exceptionally talented Data Analyst who is highly skilled in identifying Product and Technology KPI’s, data mining, report generation, data interpretation, and presenting data to management.
As our Data Analyst, you will work on multiple projects simultaneously, taking charge of each project, and delivering reliable information that you will discuss with the Leadership Team.
Note: The preferred location for this position is our Raleigh NC office
- Work with Product and Development teams to develop and prepare KPI reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends based off Product release schedules
- Create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that outlines KPI’s, trends, and anomalies detected within the data
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Develops business intelligence solutions through knowledge of user needs, appropriate data sources, business intelligence best practices and innovative use of technologies and systems
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Organize and present data according to various audiences; communicate data and statistical information effectively and appropriately to target audience
- 3+ years’ experience analyzing numbers in a role such as a Data Analyst or Financial Analyst
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business
- Highly proficient in Adobe Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager and other Adobe Experience Cloud technologies
- Experience with AWS services: Athena, Redshift, Glue and S3
- Strong understanding of SQL, data structures, data modeling, ETL, data management tools and Analytical APIs
- Ability to conduct research, data analysis, and resolve problems
- Outstanding time management and team effectiveness
- Effective verbal & written communications skills
- Working knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau and QuickSight