Client Success StrategistMcClatchy
We have a great opportunity for a driven Client Success Strategist at excelerate Digital, McClatchy’s national digital marketing agency.
McClatchy is a 160 year-old trusted media source in 30 markets across the U.S. We specialize in customized media planning by listening to our customers and relying on our expertise in tactics such as search engine optimization, reputation and social media management, programmatic advertising and video. We convert plans into action and constantly measure the effectiveness of our customer’s digital marketing campaigns.
Note: The location for this position will be at one of the Carolina Region markets.
The Client Success Strategist (CSS) is a large contributor to the overall success of the business as he or she will own the day-to-day management of the account and help develop strategies to drive future account performance. This person must be organized, well-spoken and have leadership qualities as they manage multiple projects to meet client needs.
The CSS is a key member of the excelerate Digital Sales Team and takes the lead on all client contact once the sale is made - coordinating creative and implementing strategy. This position requires collaboration with other media teams and vendors. This position focuses on client retention and growth through digital reporting analysis and the consistent presentation of results to clients.
- Grow and develop the designated business
- Build trust with and advise clients, providing a range of options to achieve client business and marketing objectives
- Manage and effectively communicate client expectations for all initiatives
- Contact and develop relationships with designated senior-level and mid-level clients
- Supervise “day-to-day” designated client initiatives, including, but not limited to, business-building, strategy, media and creative projects
- Play an essential role in major presentations to clients, including annual planning and selling creative, media plans and integrated campaign initiatives
- Provide guidance to clients, assisting them with all aspects of their marketing and advertising
- Deep dive with client web analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Adobe or Coremetrics
- Deliver quality client reporting by auditing, implementing, and managing digital tag management platform
- Show our clients the value of our work by creating custom scorecards based on site goals to measure website performance
- Discover underperforming areas of the site; identify opportunities to improve the site
- Lead client presentations, add insight to data, and field strategic and technical questions
- Ability to engage with clients and resolve difficult business issues
- Provide leadership, support and expertise. Inspire, motivate, train and mentor the team as appropriate
- Practice standard operating procedures within the department to engage with others professionally, efficiently and profitably
- Own client goals with detail-oriented briefs and strong attention to project management and follow through
- Campaign launch and maintenance, including client-facing interactions: 40%
- Reporting analysis and delivery: 25%
- Strategy (presale research, media plan, tracking): 25%
- Ongoing learning and digital training: 10%
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and two years related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with a variety of digital marketing tactics including social, SEO, SEM, display and programmatic
- A proven track record in digital campaign sales, strategy and performance management
- Ability to have productive customer interactions in person, on the phone or via email
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, problem solving, creativity and strategic skills
- Experience implementing campaigns using Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of campaign tracking strategy including placement of pixels and other measurement software
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors to fulfill or maintain customer campaigns
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certified
- Experience with Salesforce and Google Drive