Business Development ConsultantMcClatchy
McClatchy has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Consultant to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team!
Brand Strategy is a new business unit at McClatchy, one of the leading media companies in the US. Based in Raleigh, the Brand Strategy business unit has the experience and backing of a national media company but we operate with the speed, efficiency, nimbleness and creative ability of a startup.
What we want:
We are looking for a high-energy, driven, and experienced Business Development Consultant with sound business acumen and natural sales instincts to join The Brand Strategy Team. This is an exciting opportunity for a results oriented, creative and independent individual that wants to become an integral part of a top tier team. This is for those who thrive on a creative sale - who want and need to think and win big!
We are a trusted partner to B2B and B2C brands who rely on us to evolve their brand position to engage and delight their customers. We ultimately aim solve our clients’ biggest challenges with a strategic yet holistic approach and accomplish brand clarity, connection and conversation.
With a digital and branding mindset you will Identify and Qualify new business opportunities by segment then design approaches to target and penetrate Prospects for Business Development utilizing our Core 4+ sales process. Conduct a deep-dive Client Impact Assessment to fully understand the clients business model, utilizing pre-call research Develop Proposals results-based solutions, then Present and Close proposals. Pre and Post sale we work with our Client Success team to ensure the client’s goals and expectations are exceeded.
New Business Development 80%
Partner with Client Success for;
Upsell 10% Retention 10%
Sales Field Time: 20 hours per week
Average Revenue Goal (per period): $60K+
Opportunity Pipeline: 3X Gap to Goal
CIAS: 2 per week
Presentations: 2 per week
Devoted to SalesForce
Qualities, Experience & Education:
- Sales hunter who’s self-driven and motivated by success
- Resourceful, creative, positive with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to think on your feet to solve problems for clients
- The gravitas and presence to partner with C-level clients
- Motivated to support growth by managing the complete new business cycle; prospect, to initial contact, needs analysis meeting, formal presentation, proposal development, questions and revisions, closing stage, signed agreement, and engagement kickoff
- Excellent communicator who can quickly build credibility and understand a client's strategic goals
- Keeps up-to-date on the latest trends, news, and technologies
- Passionate about learning new industries and about our clients’ businesses
- Work with operations and creative teams to develop support materials for business development
- Ability to communicate financial matters
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of digital marketing including SEO, SEM, social media advertising, and email marketing, as well as print, broadcast, branding and design
- Proven record of successes that deserves a humble brag
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.