Accounts Payable Specialist
RALEIGH, North Carolina
Posted on February 14, 2018
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
We are hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance team in our downtown Raleigh, NC office.
As the AP Specialist, you will play an important role in ensuring invoices are reviewed, accurately coded, entered into PeopleSoft and submitted for approval, all while meeting deadlines. On a daily basis, you will gather information, analyze data, and utilize critical thinking and organizational skills. You will also be responsible to maintain up-to-date vendor files, assist in preparing monthly accruals and take part in auditing and compliance tasks.
- Analyze invoices for proper coding and audit for accuracy
- Accurately and timely process invoices
- Input invoices into payment list and submit for approval
- Audit all travel and expense (T&E) submissions for compliance with T&E policy and other company guidelines
- Track and submit all inter-company charge-backs
- Variance Trend & Analysis
- Maintain accurate and updated vendor files
- Ensure all vendors required have W-9 on file
- Assist with period end departmental accruals
- Assist with period end compliance testing
- Track and submit relocation, prizes, gifts, etc. that are to be added to employees’ W2s
- Assist with 1099 statements and reporting
- 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable or relevant accounting position, in a large corporation
- Associates Degree (Accounting, Finance or Business preferred) OR 3 years’ of relevant accounting experience, in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Proficient in data entry and management, with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- High level of initiative and strong follow through
- Demonstrated a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, successfully move quickly from one task to the next and deal with changing priorities
- Experience with PeopleSoft