Senior Software Analyst
The Senior Software Analyst will work under the direction of the Business Applications Manager and will be part of the Enterprise Applications strategy and delivery excellence team. This individual will function as the resident JDE technical expert. The primary focus of this role will be to work with the Business Analysts, ERP Developers and the business users, to help conceive the solution in JDE, do the detailed technical design, develop a robust solution and deliver business solutions through understanding the current and future needs of the business partners. Work with other team members and Analysts in other areas within IS applications, such as infrastructure, App Admins, DBAs, CNC, PMs to support the successful deployment of the solution. You will be required to assist and provide quality and solid system designs and technical solutions to solve various business requirements. You will also be the lead and liaison for the JDE/Qsoft application security implementation. To be successful, you must have proven experience managing technical solution within the projects through the entire project lifecycle. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management. You should be able to deliver effective presentations, solution walk-through to audiences of all sizes and possess excellent communication skills.
The role requires both broad and deep technical knowledge of the JDE system. You should have a passion for the business and technology which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects.
The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field with a deep understanding of JDE/E1 technical areas, such as OMW, RDA, FDA, UDO, Café One, E1 Pages, OATS Scripts and OVR. In addition to this, candidate should also have experience with JDE CNC concepts at a detailed level, JDE security and QSoft security.
- Design, develop, test and implement JDE Roles, Tasks, Menu and security in JDE
- Administration & configuration of QSoft to implement the JDE security
- Administration & configuration of Segregation Of Duty (SOD) controls and provide monthly compliance reports for management and Internal / External auditors review.
- Perform quarterly audit of end user security in compliance with Martin Marietta ‘s GRC policies
- Understand Martin Marietta SDLC and work with Business Analysts to implement the JDE changes
- Administration and development of Oracle UPK at Martin Marietta
- Administration, development, enhancement and execution of Oracle OATS for completing automated testing
- Combine technical problem solving skills with the ability to debug operational and system issues.
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Include non-functional requirements (such as security, performance, roll-back, etc.) in the technical design
- Write and execute test cases to run unit test and manage defect tracking for development
- Administer and help develop reports in ReportsNow software
- Understand end-to-end application environment and work with other developers and business analysts to validate capabilities are being built according to strategic direction
- Partner with the Business Analysts, Developer and other team members on all critical system solutions.
- Understand JDE E1 (9.1 & 9.2) footprint at Martin Marietta and coordinate activities with infrastructure and DBA teams to implement changes
- Develop and Maintain JDE E1(9.1 & 9.2) systems architecture diagrams
- Strong understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Solid business and JDE consulting background is required
- Scope and deliver the technical solution, for the projects, major enhancements coming through the helpdesk ticketing system, prioritized and approved by stakeholders
- Utilize Martin Marietta methodologies, business requirements definition, process and change management
- Learn the administration and development aspects of Tidal workload automation software
- Learn administration and configuration aspects of Vertex at Martin Marietta
- Ability to work independently, or in groups, while maintaining a courteous attitude when dealing with customers
- Ability and willingness to complete several concurrent tasks in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and multi-tasking environment
- Ability to set objectives, manage project timelines and see projects to completion
- Performs all activities in accordance with the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Values, and in compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and Code of Ethical Business Conduct
Portfolio of Systems/Applications:
- ERP - Jdedwards Enterprise One 9.1 & 9.2
- TIDAL scheduler
- Tax – Vertex
- OATS and Oracle UPK
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years experience in JDE E1 development
- 5+ years of exposure to end to end Business processes
- 5+ years’ experience working with GRC, SOX, SOD and other security audit/control requirements
- 5+ years’ experience working with internal and external SOX auditors
- 5+ years configuring JDE E1 Security architecture (including Menus, Tasks, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with QSoft
- 2+ years’ experience working as CNC administrator deploying package builds and configuring OCM mappings
- 2+ years’ experience configuring Deployment Server, Enterprise Server, Application Server, JAS Server (WebLogic)
- 5+ years’ SQL experience with solid understanding of Oracle Database concepts
- 2+ years’ experience with Oracle UPK product and experience in using OATS for testing
- 4+ years’ experience in specifying and supporting Interfaces between external Legacy systems and JDE E1 applications.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting JDE/E1 technical areas, including but not limited to, OMW, RDA, FDA, NER, UDO, Café One, OVR and C business functions
- 4+ years’ experience improving the quality of IS processes, services and products
- 3+ years’ experience configuring Tidal scheduler