Client Marketing StrategistLas Vegas Review Journal
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is seeking a highly motivated, marketing-oriented, Client Strategist to join our team. The Client Strategist is a client-facing role that is responsible for the management of integrated marketing solutions, media planning, print and digital solutions, research, analysis, ad concepts, creative solutions and strategy based on market specific industry and core customer information for specified clients. The Client Strategist takes gathered information in combination with audience-based selling principles and applying it to recommendations for clients in the form of data, ad design, digital and creative solutions and sales presentations to grow and/or maintain existing revenue and drive measurable results. Working together with the advertising sales executives, the Client Strategist builds integrated marketing client solutions proposals that drive results while achieving revenue growth targets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and/or present audience-based multimedia advertising proposals that include the full appropriate array of Review-Journal products/services, integrates digital assets, and ensure achievement of client’s desired
- Works in tandem with sales managers and account executives to build a continuous pipeline of sales prospects and building strategies to maximize revenue potential.
- Identify client’s needs, utilize research and data to create compelling recommendations along with creative and development (as needed and present to clients).
- Analyze advertiser’s customer data to provide deep insight into who they are, how they consume media and how to reach them with RJ solutions.
- Write creative briefs or creative direction for advertiser’s ad campaigns as needed, which may include headlines, copy, image strategy and offer messaging.
- Work across departments to understand content alignment and initiatives in print and digital in order to develop custom opportunities for current and potential advertisers.
- Assist assigned sales team in achieving revenue goals through client specific presentations, segment presentations or other duties as assigned.
- Remain current on industry technology, trends, market activities, and competition at all
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Maximize revenue from existing accounts through development/presentation of audience-based, research- driven sales
- Ability to pull and analyze research to build effective sales presentations.
- Attend client meetings as required, either via phone, video calls or in person.
- Achieve new accounts/acquisition account volume as determined by manager.
- Achieve specific project completion on time as determined by manager.
- Track project and sales activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Advertising, Marketing, similar field or equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- 5 + years of experience in marketing or working for an advertising agency.
- 3 + years of experience working with research tools and the analysis of data.
- Understanding of traditional and digital marketing and/or advertising experience
- Proven track record of assisting in the growth of advertising revenue and client retention.
- Experience using research tools such as Nielson Scarborough, Claritas, Polk, AdMall.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to develop relationships with team members
- Ability to present data as well as campaign strategy and/or creative executions to advertisers/potential advertisers
- Experience working with local, regional or national accounts
ABOUT THE LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
The Las Vegas Review-Journal is the leading news and information organization in Southern Nevada, reaching over 1 million consumers in the market each month. From the newspaper to our digital news platform (www.lvrj.com), to a luxury magazine to a Spanish language newspaper, the RJ can connect advertisers to consumers on multiple platforms. With a suite of digital marketing services, the RJ can provide an integrated marketing solution to drive results for businesses in the Las Vegas valley.
The Las Vegas Review Journal offers a competitive base salary, bonuses based on performance, gas and cell phone allowance, and a generous benefits package.