AP History TeacherKerr-Vance Academy
Henderson, NC Full time
Posted on March 30, 2018
AP History Teacher
Responsible for instructing students about national, state, local, and global history. Performs critical analysis of historical events and figures and provides context for modern times.
- Teach students about local, state, national, and global history.
- Discuss important figures, dates, and events that have shaped our modern world.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.