Facilities Maintenance TechnicianJohnston Community College
Maintains College facilities by performing the following duties.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Performs general building maintenance tasks such as painting, plumbing, electrical,
carpentry and HVAC repairs.
- Maintains and repairs floors, ceiling tiles and walls.
- Gathers confidential documents for shredding.
Performs function set-ups.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and equipment.
- Uses hand tools, portable power tools, and equipment.
- Operates forklift and/or backhoe if certified.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum: High School Diploma plus completion of a certificate program or additional
Minimum: Three to five years' experience in a related field