Clinical Nursing Instructor - Pool PositionJohnston Community College
The Clinical Nursing Instructor is required to provide safe and efficient instruction of
students assigned to patients in a cooperating health service agency and to assume
responsibilities related to the total nursing program as delegated by the Director of
(This is a part-time position).
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising patient learning experiences which provide opportunities for students to
meet course objective.
- Adhering to policies and requirements of the affiliating health service agencies as
stipulated in contractual agreements with the College.
- Participating in the development of course outlines and overviews.
- Participating in student academic counseling and activities.
- Evaluating student learning.
- Participating in evaluation and revision of curriculum and learning activities.
- Maintaining accurate student records.
- Attending faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Contributing in a professional manner to the relationship between the College and
the affiliating health service agencies.
- Providing quality care for patients involved in selected learning experiences within
the guidelines of the North Carolina Nursing Practice Act.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Education Minimum: Master of Science Degree in Nursing
Education Preferred: Master of Science Degree in Nursing with a focus in Nursing
Education or meet the education requirements for Nurse Educators as outlined by the
North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Experience Minimum: A minimum of two calendar years of prior full-time employment
or the equivalent in clinical nursing practice as a Registered Nurse.
Experience Preferred: Teaching experience, preferably in the community college
setting, membership in professional organizations, and participation in professional and
college activities designed to improve instructional and clinical skills. Professional Liability
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.