Patient Support Specialist (Office Based) - Durham, NC
- Take customer service experience to help impact patient lives
- Use your ability to demonstrate empathy towards patients enrolled in the program
- Work in a modern, state of the art office environment with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
Patients are at the center of IQVIA’s business strategies. The Patient Support Specialist has primary responsibility/accountability for providing appropriate nonclinical product-related support for patients. Patient Support Specialist will serve as the link for each patient enrolling in the PROGRAM to better understand and utilize other patient support services. Each Patient Support Specialist may interact with enrolled patients by telephone, email, SMS, or other approved applications. These interactions will be conducted individually, with patients deciding how and whether to participate.
The Patient Support Specialist will be a primary point of contact for patients enrolled in the Patient Support Program. All materials used for this program for any purpose will be approved through divisional review and approval process.
Additional duties include:
- Take Inbound calls and make outbound calls to assigned patients and answer inquiries using a telephony platform.
- Assistance in the delivery of product educational materials covering a variety of topics including Patient Services delivery, adherence, and compliance education to improve the treatment experience for patients.
- Provide Program information for prescribed product.
- High-touch linkage with Patient Support Program services, offering emotional support and compassion to create a personalized, ongoing relationship with patients.
- Managing patient caseloads across US time zones, including patients within their individual or group territory.
- Utilize approved resources and maintain compliance with program standards.
- Provide support for patients with emotional and educational needs, refraining from providing medical advice.
- Any additional duties as assigned by program management.
- Associate degree or higher preferred, minimum of high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1+ year of customer service or relevant experience required.
- Direct interaction with patient and support for persistence and compliance
- Demonstrated time management skills; planning and prioritization skills; ability to multi-task and maintain prioritization of key projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated effective presentation skills; ability to motivate others; excellent interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness to work cross-functionally within a team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an independent environment
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with customers and third parties
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing work environment and responsibilities
- Fully competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent documentation accuracy
- Drive and enthusiasm for supporting customers
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Experience using a telephony platform a plus
IQVIA offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
The pay for this position is $15.00 per hour, this position is also bonus eligible.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/ Disabled