PresidentHargrave Military Academy
Hargrave Military Academy
The Hargrave Board of Trustees is seeking applications for President of the school with June/July 2018 start date.
Hargrave, founded in 1909, is an all boys, not-for-profit prep-school located on a picturesque campus in Chatham, Virginia. The school enrolls boys in grades 7-12 and post graduates from across the United States and 20 foreign countries. Hargrave has a long tradition of leadership and character development grounded in Christian values. The school’s rigorous college-prep curriculum results in nearly 100% college attendance after graduation. Athletic programs and facilities are exceptional. Hargrave’s focus on the whole person is central to the mission of graduating young men prepared for lifelong success. The school is accredited by AdvancED and the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS).”
The President is the head of school and is accountable to the Board of Trustees. He/she is responsible for all aspects of school operations including curriculum and program development, faculty and staff management, admissions, budgeting, fundraising, and the general financial health of the institution.
- Lead and manage to ensure mission accomplishment
- Hire and develop faculty and staff
- Grow and sustain strong enrollment
- Lead fundraising efforts
- Work closely with the Board of Trustees on strategic advancement
- Participate in school, alumni, and community activities
- Demonstrated leadership and management excellence
- Strong moral and ethical character
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills
- Financial management and budgeting
- Successful military and strategic planning experience
- Master’s degree or higher
· Experience in private education and working with boys highly desired
· Boarding school experience, a plus
· Fundraising, admissions, marketing experience desired
· School seeking long-term leader for this key position
Competitive salary and benefits package, including executive housing.
Application deadline: Jan 29, 2018. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to hire a highly-qualified candidate in advance of the closing date. EOE.