JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for all front-desk responsibilities. The Assistant also aids all other HR team members in clerical duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for opening the office at 7:00am on days worked, opening cabinets and staff offices and general upkeep of the office, conference room, and copier area.
- Answers all telephone inquiries and if unable to help the customer refers the call to the appropriate person.
- Greets each visitor with a smile and provides needed assistance or refers the person to the appropriate person.
- Prepares all paperwork, packets, and gifts for the bi-weekly New Associate Orientation program.
- Distributes mail to team members, maintains office supply inventory, distributes mail, and checks all suggestion boxes as well as the mailbox outside the HR office.
- Responsible for working with a wide variety of vendors that the department utilizes.
- Handles all logo store processing. This includes checking in items, coding payments into payroll, notifying recipients, distribution of the items, reconciliation of the billing statement, and handling any disputes/issues.
- Handles all service awards. This includes packaging all items by leader, notifying leaders, handling problems, etc.
- Responsible for all month end recordkeeping. This includes Illness Log, Refrigerator Log, printing birthday card labels and distributing birthday cards, Emergency Call List, service award ordering, purchasing gift cards and updating the Wall of Fame.
- Prints name badges as needed. Maintains and orders supplies for name badge printer.
- Annually prepares terminated files for scanning and shredding.
- Responsible for general clerical duties such as maintaining subscriptions, updating policy manuals, running reports as needed, setting up new associate files, inventory and control of all materials, and filing for all HR team members.
- All other duties deemed appropriate by the department and organization.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, high-stress environment.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must be adaptable to changing demands.
- Must have strong computer skills particularly Word, Excel, and preferably HR database management.
- Must have proven organizational and administrative skills.
- Assists with visitors, phone calls, and general clerical duties as needed.
- Must be able to manage project work along with all normal tasks.
|Hancock Regional Hospital serves Hancock County and the surrounding areas as a full-service community hospital focused on primary care, patient comfort, and convenience.
Today, a highly skilled medical and professional nursing staff anchors Hancock Regional Hospital. We have a state-of-the-art surgery department, 24-hour emergency services, OB services, progressive and critical care, a geropsychology unit, home healthcare, occupational health, a transitional care unit, a total oncology program with a cutting-edge radiation oncology center, many private rooms, and a full complement of Inpatient and outpatient services.
Our Mission is to be a Caring Community Partner by healing, improving health and wellness, alleviating suffering, and delivering acts of kindness one person at a time.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.