Sales ManagerHampton Inn & Suites - Raleigh
Hampton Inn & Suites Cary - Sales Manager
111 Hampton Woods Lane
The Sales Manager's primary sales efforts are targeting new business in all markets in order to increase the property's overall occupancy and market share. This position will be responsible for generating new business, maintain strong customer relationships, and growing existing accounts.
POSITION STANDARDS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Projects a professional image of the hotel (dress, appearance, hygiene, etc.)
- Has friendly, personable style with guests. Anticipates customer needs before they ask.
- Responds promptly and follows through on guest concerns in effective and friendly manner.
- Maintains professionalism with regards to written correspondence and telephone etiquette for self and sales department.
- Is knowledgeable of and performs well on all company shopping and telemonitoring programs.
- Recognizes and rewards effective guest service in sales staff.
- Conducts direct selling activities in accordance with assigned sales activity and room night production goals.
- Knowledgeable of and practices effective telemarketing.
- Skilled in making sales calls. Can properly qualify a prospect, determine demand potential, present features/benefits that match prospect needs, and gain "next step" commitment or "closing".
- Knowledgeable of local area including special attractions, competing hotel facilities, restaurants, etc.
- Knowledgeable of hotel facilities including guest room and function room size and occupancy limits. Effectively communicates hotel products to guests.
- Knowledgeable of all hotel brand marketing programs.
- Knowledgeable of reservation procedures, including group block, Central Reservations System, and property management system, etc. Can check a guest in or out of the hotel.
- Knowledgeable in billing and credit policies and procedures.
- Understands and effectively analyzes/oversees hotel/group booking pace to maximize yield.
- Compiles weekly and monthly reports as required by the Director of Sales.
- Reports any revenue management concerns to Director of Sales; manage block effectively.
- Prepares sales contracts and proposals, maintains accurate sales files, prepares and distributes correspondence to clients within hotel staff, and maintains trace system.
- Directly solicits business. Effectively handles solicitations. Skillfully manages relationships with hotel's top accounts.
- Knowledgeable of and follow through on all policies including deposit requirements, cut-off dates, comp rooms, meal guarantees, public space policy, room rates, etc.
- Maintains accurate sales files, production reports, and trace system.
- Insures sales files are effectively worked and maintained to company standards. Insures sales calls are documented in files.
- Attends and contributes to hotel's revenue management meetings (monthly).
- Meets sales goals; develops and implements monthly sales action plans; insures that the sales department team members achieve their sales activity goals and room night production goals and leads the sales effort by his or her own example.
- Monitors travel agent commission reports, feeder market analysis, and all other relevant sources of business reports.
- Completes all weekly and monthly reports accurately and timely.
- Effectively conducts market research, market segment tracking, and competition analysis as directed by the Director of Sales/General Manager. Understand and can draw accurate conclusions from Smith Travel Research Reports (STR).
- Establishes 30-60-90 day actions plans with GM and sales staff accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understands and helps determine hotel pricing and rate improvement strategies.
- Maintains communication with competitive hotels, Convention & Visitors Bureau, and Chamber of Commerce as directed by the Director of Sales.
- Participates in community activities, employee activities, and guest events as directed by the Director of Sales.
- Insures opportunities are made available to the GM to participate in joint sales calls.
Human Resources Management
- Treats peers and supervisors with respect. Maintains a positive work environment. Supports and promotes teamwork. Sets a positive example.
- Continually supports and promotes Quality Oil Company's Core Ideology, history, culture, and growth.
- Participates in relevant orientation programs, service skills training, telemarketing courses, etc. Takes responsibility for own training and career development.
- Attends and participates in weekly sales meetings.
- Delegates projects and duties appropriately.
- Coordinates and maintains effective relations with other departments in the hotel to promote excellent guest service.
- Is aware of all departments' roles and responsibilities. Coordinates with other departments on join tasks as they relate to sales, particularly front office.
- Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings, insuring all other departments are aware of hotel sales efforts, promotions, and booking/group activity.