Chief Operating OfficerGoldsboro Housing Authority
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Goldsboro Housing Authority located in Goldsboro, NC (50 miles east of Raleigh, NC)
is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Chief Operating Officer is responsible for monitoring day-to-day activities Development/ Capital projects, Public Housing, Section 8; oversees preparation of administrative/HUD budget; assists to develop, plan, implement internal policies, programs, goals; reviews/analyzes budget requests/expenditures; monitors/oversees staff recruitment, training, discipline, etc.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree with a Master’s degree preferred in Business, Public Administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university. Three (3) years of responsible managerial experience in public housing or five (5) years of responsible administrative experience in a closely related field (e.g., a regulatory Agency).
The following Certifications must be obtained within one (1) year of employment or other allowable period of hire as authorized by the Chief Executive Officer:
* Public Housing Manager
* Enterprise Income Verification System (EIV)
* Fair Housing
* Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS)
* Supervisory Maintenance
Knowledge and Skills
1. Thorough knowledge of the relationship of PHA's to other federal, state, and local jurisdictions and their abilities to provide funds or other support to the Agency.
2. Thorough knowledge and experience in a housing assistance program or social services field.
3. Thorough knowledge of Agency operating policies and procedures, pertinent HUD regulations, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to public housing authorities.
4. Thorough knowledge of the modern principles, practices, and techniques of personnel management, training, and performance evaluation. 5. Good knowledge of procurement regulations and OSHA requirements. 6. General knowledge of the modern principles, practices, and techniques of maintenance and other functional areas within the PHA. 7. Thorough knowledge of the modern principles, practices, and techniques of budgeting and accounting, and of the function and operation of the construction industry. 8. Skill in addressing the public and other bodies and presenting information in a clear, organized, and convincing manner. 9. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers, and persons outside the Agency. 10. Ability to manage complexities and competing proprieties. Ability to coordinate information and activities among groups with differing agendas, across multi-functional areas. 11. Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities. 12. Ability to accurately and completely document in writing appropriate events and activities. 13. Ability to plan, direct, and supervise the work of others, to delegate responsibility and authority, and to hold subordinates accountable for tasks assigned. 14. Ability to read and comprehend complex material. 15. Ability to identify operational problems and develop effective solutions. 16. Ability to prepare clear and concise narrative and statistical reports and deal effectively with situations requiring tact and diplomacy, yet firmness. 17. Ability to operate appropriate Agency computer equipment and software packages.
Positions opened until filled.
Visit www.hacg.org for full job description.
The Goldsboro Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
“This job is covered under the requirements of Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968”.