Associate Legal CounselGoldsboro Housing Authority
ASSOCIATE LEGAL COUNSEL
GOLDSBORO HOUSING AUTHORITY located in Goldsboro, NC (50 miles east of Raleigh, NC) is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Associate Legal Counsel: Responsible for drafting/monitoring complex contracts; prepares litigation, legal memoranda, real estate documents; oral/written advice on agency policy, forms, procurement issues; reviews/approves requests for proposals/invitations for bids, etc.
Education and Experience
Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and a license in good standing to practice law in the State of North Carolina. A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the practice of law; some litigation experience required.
The following Certifications must be obtained within one (1) year of employment or other allowable period of hire as authorized by the Chief Operations Officer: Fair Housing
Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of state and applicable federal laws relating to court proceedings, civil actions, pleadings, trial, etc.
2. Knowledge of state and applicable federal laws and regulations relating to insurance, government procurement, Open Meetings, Freedom of Information Act, affordable housing, state Property Code and eviction proceedings.
3. Knowledge of administrative codes and regulations.
4. Knowledge of methods of legal research.
5. Knowledge of evaluation of practical consequences of legal strategies.
6. Mature professional judgment and a high degree of initiative.
7. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
8. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, to attorneys, court personnel, the general public and to staff.
9. Ability to take direction and work with others under stressful conditions.
10. Ability to communicate in an advisory capacity and relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The Goldsboro Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
“This job is covered under the requirements of Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968”.
Position opened until filled.
Visit www.hacg.org for full job description.