Administrative Associate, Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The George Mason University, School of Business, invites applications for the position of Administrative Associate, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE). The Administrative Associate assists the team with coordinating the day-to-day administrative aspects of the CIE leadership program for the School of Business. This includes support for the team, communications support (including web, some social media, in-person, over the phone, and other electronic platforms), and managing and executing special projects as assigned. This is a full-time classified staff position.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Administrative Associate, CIE position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Provide high-level support to the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship leadership team in the School of Business managing the planning, communications, and operations for the unit-wide initiative;
- Screen calls, visitors, and inquiries. Schedule appointments and maintain accompanying electronic calendar;
- Send invitations out for CIE Council Meetings and other VIP events;s
- Prepare reports, correspondence, and other written materials for the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship leadership team;
- Process work and supply orders;
- Track CIE budget and perform procurement functions for the Center including, but not limited to: processing Center team expense reimbursements, executing journal voucher transfers, Touchnet compliance, award processing, purchasing, requisitioning, and pre-authorizations; and
- Maintain daily and annual schedule of activities for all aspects of the program.
Marketing & Communications
- Maintain and update Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship website and other communication channels as needed;
- Develop and maintain constant communication with School of Business stakeholders through emails; Develop and update program content on the web; monitor social media channels; Collaborate with the school’s marketing team to promote relevant events to both internal and external communities; and
- Generate Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Newsletter and manage Listserve using CRM software.
- Create and generate program promotional materials through draft to final edits (brochures, social media graphics and copy, flyers, and ad copy);
- Publicize and distribute through applicable channels promotional material and other communications to prospective students, faculty, and external stakeholders;
- Assist CIE leadership team with executing the Center’s programming (logistics and fiscal needs); and
- Assist with coordinating with GMU and Non-GMU organizations in regards to Center programming.
- Coordinate procurement needs for the student programs;
- Book space on campus as needed for student programs;
- Assist CIE leadership team with organizing logistical aspects of student startup trips, the annual business competition and other student programs; and
- Assist CIE leadership team when needed with student programming.
- Manage and execute special projects as assigned by Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship leadership team;
- Maintain, analyze, and create reports for various Center programs and channels and offer feedback; and
- Process requests for software needs (ASRB review).
- Bachelor’s degree in education administration, marketing, public relations, communications or a related field, or combination of equivalent education and experience;
- Must have a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with high-level academic and administrative officials, as well as corporate and government high-level executives;
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
- Experience managing a budget and procuring goods and services;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a fast-paced and deadline sensitive environment;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team.
- Experience with 25Live, eVa and Bank of America Works;
- Experience with supporting student programming; and
- Administrative experience, preferably in a university setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02926z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/
by May 19, 2022; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. The department will contact candidates directly should additional materials be required. Review of applications will begin May 20, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.