Senior Program Coordinator
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Sr Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Coordinates and assists the Course Directors with the design and implementation of all courses and the course syllabus. Serves as the liaison between the HWCOM Instructional Design team and the MPAS program faculty.
- Oversees the didactic courses and instructor evaluation process. Disseminates Self-Study Report (SSR) Didactic Analysis and SWOT template. Provides logistic coordination for assessment meetings between the MPAS leadership team and faculty. Coordinates the release of student evaluations for all didactic courses, units, and instructors. Creates evaluation summary reports for the MPAS leadership team.
- Develops and oversees the MPAS program calendar (didactic and clinical curriculum calendars) in collaboration with the MPAS leadership team. Collaborates with MPAS IT to ensure appropriate coverage during all course sessions. Communicates regularly with MPAS IT and the HWCOM assessment team to coordinate proctoring for all course. Manages, prioritizes, and updates the course calendars and schedule in the department’s SharePoint site, Canvas Med calendar, and student site.
- Serves as an active member in the assessment committee structure, to include the Curriculum Committee and Didactic Subcommittee. Manages the meeting action items and follows up on pending actions.
- Supports the Clinical Director and Clinical team as needed with the coordination and scheduling of MPAS clerkships/rotations utilizing Emedley and maintaining ongoing communication with students and clerkship faculty.
- Provides logistics coordination for all classroom activities. Works closely with HWCOM¿s classroom scheduler to secure reservations for all courses, end of rotation exams, and call back sessions.
- Ensures grades are submitted on time and maintains a record of grades during the time of the course. Assist both Academic and Clinical Directors with keeping track of all curricular activities.
- Responsible for the timely completion and submission of all adjunct contract request forms for the didactic year.
- Interacts with and assists students and faculty with inquires and provides guidance in compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and schedules course meetings and reviews with the Course Director, Academic and Clinical Directors, faculty, and students.
- Analyzes and reports any modification or deletion of class time, topics, and so forth, of courses in the Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program (MPAS) curriculum to the MPAS leadership team.
- Assists faculty in administering assessments utilizing websites such as NBME, E*Value, ExamSoft, and QuizMaker. Assists Course Directors in preparing and administering exams and serves as Co-Chief Proctor when needed.
- Prepares the acquisition of required and recommended textbooks and resources for all MPAS program courses.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Drives to and from the Modest Maidique Campus to the Flagler Corporate Center within their work schedule, when needed.
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of office or related experience.
Administrative experience within higher education.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOBID: 526778. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.