Program Coordinator (528947)
Program Coordinator (528947)
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
Collaborates with the Period 4 leadership team in the organization of the daily operations of clinical rotations for Period 4 students within the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM). Coordinates student scheduling and credentialing, updates syllabi and other educational materials as required, ensures that student evaluations are received, and prepares grade rosters in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Strand Leaders, Clerkship Directors, Period 3 Clerkship Coordinators, and the Period 4 leadership team to ensure that Period 4 rotations are in compliance with the goals and objectives of the medical school and the policies of the Curriculum Committee. Works to ensure that students are in compliance with the credentialing requirements of each clinical site, including completion of Face sheets.
- Prepares teaching materials for Period 4 rotations in a timely fashion. Assists in the scheduling of courses in Period 4. Maintains an understanding of the curricular goals, policies, and standards of the individual clinical rotations, departments, and medical school. Participates in the preparation of Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) accreditation materials when necessary.
- Schedules evaluations through E*Value for completion by students and faculty. Consistently monitors completion of course evaluations by students and faculty, and follows-up on missing evaluations. Prepares grade rosters within 6-weeks of the end of each rotation, in accordance with LCME policies.
- Assists in continuous review of student schedules to ensure that all curricular graduation requirements are accounted for.
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls to support the overall functioning of the Period 4 curriculum. Assists in the organization of faculty development sessions. Prepares site and preceptor reports to be provided at affiliate meetings as part of FIU HWCOM's process of continuous quality improvement.
- Participates in Period 4 orientations and other relevant meetings throughout the academic year.
- Serves as liaison to the faculty and clinical site administration to ensure efficient operation of Period 4 rotations.
- Consistently reviews the Period 4 course syllabi for accuracy. Ensures that all clinical teaching faculty have active faculty appointments.
- Travels between Modesto A. Maidique campus and respective clinical site(s) as needed.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 528947. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening. Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant’s 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.