Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Credentialing Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Provides FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) applications to physicians and advanced practice professionals and other allied health providers as directed by the Director of Operations and Revenue Cycle.
- Reviews practitioner HWCOM credentialing and re-credentialing applications to ensure completeness in accordance with policies and follow up with practitioners as necessary. Processes credentialing and re-credentialing applications including data entry into the credentialing database.
- Verifies practitioner credentials and enter into credentialing database. Scans documents into the credentialing database.
- Performs monthly verification of provider's Florida licenses. Verifies with the Office of Inspector General (OIG), General Service Administration (GSA), and System for Award Management (SAM) exclusion lists, on a monthly basis for all providers and staff.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries regarding credentialing status. Completes and processes provider enrollment applications for government payers and health insurance payers.
- Ensures that expired documents are updated in accordance with accreditation and department standards. Prepare reports for use by practice sites and administration.
- Audits provider directories and ensure practitioner and practice site information is accurate.
- Communicates practitioner enrollment with government payers and insurance payers to practice sites.
- Periodically reviews insurance carrier’s provider reports to ascertain accuracy and follows up with carriers for updates
- Assist with the on boarding process of Medical and other allied health provider candidates.
- Act as Liaison between HWCOM and Hospital Credentialing Committee. Coordinates Hospital privileging/re-privileging process of providers by obtaining completed application from provider, supporting documents, and submission to Hospital Credentialing Committee. Monitors process until completion and acceptance of provider to Hospital Medical Staff.
- Maintains compliance with documentation standards for primary source verification of provider credentialing requirements, including but not limited to licenses, certifications, registrations, permits, educational degrees and association memberships.
- Maintains all additions, terminations, and changes of providers to all plans and credentialing database as appropriate.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience providing administrative support or coordinating functions of an office or department.
Demonstrated research and problem-solving skills.
Ability to manage various projects simultaneously and accurately in order to meet multiple deadlines.
Previous credentialing experience preferred.
$45,000 - $50,000
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 528514.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.