Fayetteville Technical Community College is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time exempt position. Qualified candidates will possess excellent communication and advanced computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support college operations using data analytics and comparative studies and analysis of College-wide performance measures, data collection, ongoing measurement, data visualizations and reporting along with information dissemination.
• Performs appropriate tests to ensure accuracy and consistency of all data, documents queried, report criteria, and processes to ensure consistent application of methodologies for current and future projects.
• Acquires, organizes, analyzes, and synthesizes data and results from internal and external data sources to produce meaningful and accurate reports using applied research methodologies.
Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns using complex data sets.
• Designs, develops, and implements analytical modeling, electronic databases, tables, processes and procedures in support of accountability, assessment, program reviews and other internal management decision-making requirements.
• Analyzes data collected in multiple third-party vendor software programs, including but not limited to, programmatic dashboard technologies, and/or business intelligence software.
• Assists the Academic Division with analysis of data collected for institutional and program level assessments to evaluate and monitor student success measures and overall institutional performance.
• Conducts data cleaning to rid the system(s) of old, unused, or duplicated data for enhanced management and quicker access by departmental managers.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
• Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances decision making capabilities.
• Engages in data exploration exercises with a variety of complex business intelligence tools, requiring knowledge of relational database structures.
• Serve as a resource on complex technical and business matters.
• Makes recommendations for changes in the current departmental systems and processes and contributes ideas and suggestions for solutions to the current system’s problems, including data analysis difficulties.
• Responds to urgent, impromptu, and unplanned situations by assessing their level of importance and instituting appropriate action.
• Communicates decisions to appropriate supervisors across the College.
• Prioritizes daily tasks and assignments appropriately.
• Completes mandatory software or analytic tool training as required.
• Collaborates with other departments as required to facilitate responses to data requests.
• Assists Academic and Student Support Division with interpreting and using data for decision-making, planning, and continued improvement.
• Remains competent and current through self-directed professional learning, collaborating with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required by the College.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Three years of data analysis experience within a higher education setting to include at least two years of creating data visualization dashboards and presentations.
A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Statistics, Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics; or equivalent.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Statistics, Analytics, or related field; certification in Microsoft Power BI or Tableau; Google Business Analytics.
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.