FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIANFamily Health Centers
FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
Family Health Centers, Inc. in Orangeburg, SC is seeking: Family Medicine Physician
Qualifications: A medical degree appropriate to the specialty from an accredited medical college or university and successful completion of intern and residency programs. Must possess a State of South Carolina license to practice medicine, federal DEA license and State of South Carolina Controlled Substance certifications. Must meet credentialing and privileging requirements of Family Health Centers.
Excellent pay and benefits. FHC has a HPSA score of 22 that could entitle you to education loan forgiveness and AHEC funding if you meet their requirements. Malpractice insurance covered by FHC. Moving allowance available.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
1. Provide direct patient care, including but not limited to conducting comprehensive medical and social histories of patients, performing comprehensive and/or problem focused physical examinations, order and/or performing laboratory and screening test in accordance with approved protocols and standards of care.
2. Read and evaluate lab reports, x-ray results, and consultation reports and records, relaying information and, if necessary, treatment plans to patients, staff and others as appropriate.
3. Make independent decisions regarding management and treatment of medical problems identified, formulating, initiating and monitoring patient management plans based on established standards of care.
4. Prescribe medications using e-prescribe when appropriate, printing controlled substance prescriptionsand perform therapeutic or corrective measures, which may include urgent care.
5. Provide information, instruction and counseling on health maintenance, health promotion, social problems, illness prevention, illness management and medicine use.
6. Make appropriate referrals to specialists.
7. Comply with all applicable infection control and safety procedures.
8. Consult with other members of the health care team as needed.
9. Accurately enter all patient notes into electronic medical records system. Complete all ESBs, review pending labs/consults and EMR organizer tasks in the time frame outlined by FHC.
10. Participate in interviewing and selecting employees, provide input for performance reviews, provide input for employee discipline, including discharge.
11. Supervise students during clinical rotations as assigned.
12. Perform chart audits of other providers and/or subordinate staff to ensure provision of healthcare meets acceptable standards of care and documentation.
13. Sign unit reports, participate in unit meetings and other assigned meetings while being open to new and improved methods of work.
14. Exhibit compliance with FHC’s corporate compliance policy.
15. Perform job activities in ways that are respectful, courteous and responsive while interacting with patients, visitors and co-workers.
16. Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as appropriate or as directed
Click "Apply Button" to submit resume or mail to
Family Health Centers, Inc.
Attn: Leon A. Brunson, Sr.
3310 Magnolia Street,
Orangeburg, SC 29115.
Please visit our website @ www.myfhc.org.