Guardian RepresentativeEmpowering Lives Guardianship Services LLC
About the position:
This position is a fast paced, community based position that requires the ability to multitask and enlist community resources on behalf of the individuals we serve. While each Guardian Representative is assigned a specific group of people to work with, we work as a team and your schedule can change at any time to help a co-worker. This position like many in social services, requires you to lay down your prejudices and opinions to meet people where they are. Because we are court appointed to make decisions for the individuals we serve, we are not always welcomed by the individuals we serve. Heavy use of the computer, internet and Smart Phone. Communication with the courts required and a potential for court appearances. Primary duties occur between the hours of 8am-5pm, but after hours availability is required from time to time.
- 4 Year College Degree with 2 years working experience after graduation in the social services/human service field with a strong background in MH/IDD/SA area in NC.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and quick to learn other programming.
- Valid NC Driver's License and a vehicle to use between community locations.
- Must pass a Federal and Healthcare Registry Background check.
- Must be self directed and yet a team player.
- Conversational Spanish a plus.