- Director of the Odyssey Scholars Program
- Assistant Director for First Generation Student Services
- Director of the Elon Academy
- Advocating for and serving as a mentor for students supported by the Center
- Providing effective leadership and guidance to Center Directors as they navigate programmatic challenges and opportunities
- Working closely with community partners, local schools, parents, and students in PreK-16
- Managing the Center’s complex budget, which includes more than 200 endowed scholarships
- Researching the efficacy of the Center initiatives and sustaining active publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- Fundraising for Center initiatives through corporate and federal grant writing, as well as philanthropic giving
- Serving ex officio on various institution-level committees
- Representing Elon on several community boards related to educational access
- Guiding the development of the newly funded outreach initiative – Freedom Scholars
- Teaching 2-3 courses per year
The successful applicant must understand the complex issues related to educational access for PreK-16 students who have traditionally been marginalized, particularly students from low-income households. The successful applicant must hold a terminal degree and also demonstrate strong intercultural competence, viewing diversity, equity, and inclusion through a strengths-based lens; have a minimum of 5 years excellent leadership and supervisory experience; have had experience in K-12 education; demonstrated effectiveness in building teams, and working across diverse communities; be able to interact positively, and work with a wide range of stakeholders, ranging from donors and policy makers to PreK students and their parents; and be committed to working the “after school” hours (e.g., nights and weekends) routinely required of the role.
Review of applications will begin in October 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.